You can trust us to help you make the needed changes for a better financial life.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northeastern Iowa is a non-profit, educational, community organization incorporated in July of 1984 as Atwood Debt Counseling. We changed to our current name three years later.
We serve 38 counties in northeastern and central Iowa through 10 offices, including our newest office on the east side of Des Moines.
- Member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling since 1988
- Counselors certified through an independent agency under contract with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Certified by Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for pre-purchase counseling (before you buy a home), delinquency (to prevent foreclosure), and foreclosure
- Providing bankruptcy counseling and education under Dept. of Justice rules
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) since 1998
- Licensed and bonded by the State of Iowa
- Audited annually by a private, certified public accountant (CPA)
- Reviewed annually by the Iowa Division of Banking
- Audited bi-annually by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Audited annually by the Cities of Waterloo and Cedar Falls for Community Development Block Grants
- Audited annually by the Social Security Administration
- Reviewed for re-accreditation every four years by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children (COA)
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Case Management for the Frail Elderly (helping older Iowans remain in their homes)
- Chambers of Commerce: Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Mason City, Marshalltown, Dubuque, Ames, Decorah, Des Moines